How to Ensure You Find the Perfect Adoptive Parents for Your Baby
How to Find Adoptive Parents
When you choose an adoptive family for your baby, you are really choosing the type of life and future you want your child to have. Perhaps you want to find a family that will provide certain educational opportunities, or maybe you are looking for parents of a certain religious or cultural background. You might envision your child growing up in a certain state, in an urban or rural environment, or in a small or large family.
Whatever type of life you are seeking for your child, Peter Wiernicki can connect you with professionals to help you find an adoptive family that will make it happen. In this article, learn more about the services Peter and his partners offer to help you find the perfect adoptive parents for your baby.
Families Looking to Adopt in Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, D.C.
There are currently hundreds of families who want to adopt in Washington, D.C., Maryland, Virginia, and all around the country. Out of all of these waiting families, Peter and his adoption agency partners can help connect you with the adoptive parents who might be right for you.
Hopeful adoptive parents come from many different backgrounds and have many different reasons for choosing adoption. People who adopt commonly are:
- Couples who have struggled with infertility
- Same-sex couples
- Single individuals who are ready to add to their families
The type of family you want for your child is one factor to consider when choosing adoptive parents. You can also choose an adoptive family based on a number of other factors, including:
- Their living environment, home and neighborhood – You may choose a family that lives in a certain state, a rural or urban community, a neighborhood with access to nearby parks or schools, and more.
- The number of children they currently have – Some women want their children to grow up in a large family with many siblings, while others choose first-time parents with no other children in their home.
- Their cultural background and physical traits – It may be important to you to choose a family that shares your cultural background or physically resemble your baby.
- Their religious beliefs, traditions and values – You might want to choose a family that will raise your child in a certain religion or instill certain values throughout his or her childhood.
- Their lifestyle and hobbies – If you are passionate about music, traveling, education or sports, you may want to choose a family that will provide these same opportunities to your child.
You will be able to determine these traits and any others you are looking for in an adoptive family, which will help your adoption professionals identify potential parents who may be a good fit for you and your baby. Peter partners with the best local and national adoption agencies to help locate the perfect adoptive family for every expectant mother who contacts him. All of these families have been pre-screened and are approved and excited to adopt.
How to Choose an Adoptive Family
Choosing the perfect parents to raise your child may seem overwhelming, but Peter’s adoption agency partners can help walk you through every step of the process, including:
- Determining the qualities you want in an adoptive family
- Providing adoptive family profiles for you to review, which will include a variety of text, photographs, and video to help you get to know potential parents
- Contact mediation and guidance as you get to know the adoptive family through pre-placement phone calls, emails and even visits, depending on your preferences
Like with all aspects of your adoption plan, you are in control of the adoptive parents you choose for your baby, as well as the type of relationship you want to have with them before and after the adoption.
Throughout this process, Peter will be available to provide guidance and advice as you need it. In addition, he may refer you to one of the agencies he partners with, who can provide adoption counseling and support services to help you determine your priorities and make important decisions about your baby’s future.
Identified Adoption: What if I already know people who want to adopt my baby?
For some women, choosing an adoptive family is a long and difficult decision-making process. However, others find an adoptive family on their own even before contacting Peter or another adoption professional.
This is called identified adoption. While you may not need assistance finding an adoptive family for your baby, Peter can provide the other adoption services you will need to complete your identified adoption, including:
- Education and information about the adoption process and laws in your state
- Financial assistance during your pregnancy
- Legal services necessary to finalize an adoption
- Additional resources provided by one of his partner agencies, such as adoption counseling
You are still entitled to the same adoption services and support, whether you work with Peter to find an adoptive family or choose to pursue an identified adoption.
Whether you have already chosen adoptive parents for your baby or need help finding the perfect family for your child, Peter Wiernicki can help. Contact him today to learn more about waiting adoptive families in Maryland, Virginia, the Washington metropolitan area, and beyond.