How Late Can A Child Be Placed for Adoption?
How late can you place a child for adoption?
Some expectant mothers are hesitant to contact an adoption professional late in their pregnancy. They may fear that they have waited too long, that there won’t be enough time to find the perfect adoptive family, or that it is too late to choose adoption once their baby has been born.
But the truth is it is never too late to do what you think is best for yourself and your baby. Adoption is always an option, whether you are considering adoption after pregnancy or in the final days before your baby’s birth.
Here, learn more about placing a baby for adoption after birth or late in your pregnancy with Peter Wiernicki.
The Last-Minute Adoption Process
Whether you are in the final days of your pregnancy or the first days of your child’s life, it is never too late to contact Peter to begin the adoption process. If you decide that adoption is right for you late in your pregnancy or after your baby is born, Peter can work with you to quickly, safely and legally complete the entire adoption process within a matter of hours or days.
To begin your adoption journey, contact Peter to complete the following:
- Get adoption information: You can contact Peter at any time, even from your hospital bed, to learn more about adoption in Virginia, Maryland, or Washington, D.C. He will talk to you about your options and get to know you and your adoption goals.
- Create an adoption plan: Peter may refer you to a licensed adoption specialist for additional help determining your adoption goals. This professional can provide emotional counseling and support services and assist you as you make important decisions for your baby. These decisions make up your adoption plan, which will include information about the types of adoption situations you envision for your child.
- Review family profiles: Within hours of contacting Peter, you may receive adoption profiles for pre-screened, approved waiting families who share adoption plans and goals that are similar to yours. These profiles will give you more information about each family, their lifestyle, interests, home, neighborhood, desire to become parents, and more.
- Contact a family: When you find a family whose lifestyle and background are a good fit for you, you will have an opportunity to get to know them over the phone or in person at the hospital.
- Consent to the adoption: When you are ready, Peter will work with you to sign the adoption paperwork and complete the other necessary legal steps to complete the adoption.
With an experienced adoption professional like Peter Wiernicki by your side, you will receive all of the services and support you need to complete the adoption process as quickly as necessary. In addition, because Peter partners with top local and national adoption agencies, you will have access to any additional adoption services or resources you may need to complete your last-minute adoption.
Last-Minute Adoptions in Washington, D.C., Maryland and Virginia
Peter Wiernicki provides adoption services to expectant mothers considering adoption in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, D.C. If you choose to place your baby for adoption late in your pregnancy or after birth, you will still receive the same services and quality of care that Peter provides to all of his clients.
When you make a last-minute adoption plan with Peter, you:
- will receive free adoption information – as soon as you contact Peter, he will provide all of the adoption information you need to make the best choices for yourself and your baby
- will be in charge of your adoption plan – you will still have all of the same choices as any other expectant mother making an adoption plan, from the adoptive family you select for your baby, to the type of post-placement relationship you want to have with them, and more
- will receive financial assistance – all of your legal, medical and other adoption and pregnancy-related expenses will be paid for you
- will receive emotional support – Peter partners with licensed adoption specialists to provide the professional guidance and counseling services you need during this emotional time
Whether you are in the final days of your pregnancy or are considering adoption after your baby’s birth, Peter can provide all of the information, services and support you need during your hospital stay, throughout relinquishment, and after the adoption. With Peter’s adoption expertise, you will be able to find the perfect family for your baby and successfully complete the legal adoption process, all within hours or days of your initial phone call.
To learn more about Peter’s services and your options as a woman considering adoption, contact Peter any time for a free, no-obligation consultation.